Tour of Sufferlandria
The world’s toughest indoor cycling tour
As a keen sufferfest fan I couldn’t help but be tempted by their annual ‘tour’, the Tour of Sufferlandria. 12 videos in 9 days. “The course is carefully balanced between agony, misery and despair.” Sounds amazing!
Reading about this tour is what got me started with TrainerRoad. The idea is you do each ‘stage’ of the Tour and record the results in TrainerRoad. Then you can look in the ‘Tour of Sufferlandria’ group on TrainerRoad to
enjoy a healthy sense of camaraderie gloat over lower TSS results and pathetic wattage averages.
The Tour definitely came at the right time for my training for Edinburgh. These 9 days should build a nice base fitness aerobic level to get properly going on my training.
- Saturday, Jan 26th: Hell Hath No Fury
- Sunday, Jan 27th: The Hunted
- Monday, Jan 28th: Extra Shot + Fight Club
- Tuesday, Jan 29th: A Very Dark Place
- Wednesday, Jan 30th: Angels
- Thursday, Jan 31st: The Wretched + The Long Scream
- Friday, Feb 1st: The Downward Spiral
- Saturday, Feb 2nd: There is No Try + Revolver
- Sunday, Feb 3rd: Local Hero
I had to buy a few videos that I was missing but Sufferfest were offering a discount specifically to get people to do the Tour. It’s a great marketing idea for them but it makes it a bit of fun so I can live with that. Getting the 12 stages in is going to be difficult logistically as well as physically. I’m having to get up at 6am to get the first one in as I have to go away, then will need to do the second one late on Sunday.
Promises to be horrific…